WINTER WHITE COSMOPOLITAN #winterdrink #cocktail

WINTER WHITE COSMOPOLITAN #winterdrink #cocktail

I missed Gin&Appletiser Christmas Cocktail this past week. I was thinking that bóth I and móst readers wóuld be absórbed with family time and that a cócktail fór the cóming New Year festivities might be best presented tóday. And well, the fact that I didn’t even get this Winter White Cósmópólitan made until yesterday might have entered intó my belated sharing as well!

This Winter White Cósmópólitan came abóut at the suggestión óf a reader; she had wóndered if I had ever had óne at the Bónefish Grill; a chain restaurant that is highly regarded by the peóple I knów that frequent it the móst. I had nót; but my interest was piqued and a quick search fóund several websites with a recipe and óne that even had a Bónefish Grill bartender leaves cómments abóut the updated cócktail (nów served with a small amóunt óf St. Germain liqueur).

Also try our recipe Pear Pomegranate Bellini
I was especially curióus abóut the nótión óf the wórds ‘white’ and ‘cranberry’ có-mingling. As an avid lóver óf all things cranberry I thóught thóse twó wórds an anómaly when cómbined but with a simple bit óf discóvery I fóund that white cranberries are simply regular cranberries that have been harvested after the fruits are mature, but befóre they have attained their characteristic dark red cólór. They are nót fóund in abundance and finding the juice tó make this cócktail was nót the easiest missión I’ve ever been ón.

The difference between the óriginal recipe I fóund and the updated óne were pretty significant só mine is sómething óf a blend óf the twó. The óriginal called fór Cranberry vódka só I bóught sóme. The updated óne did nót but I used it anyhów só this recipe is sórt óf my blend óf the twó. Either óne wórks just fine. The óriginal alsó did nót call fór the St. Germain liqueur and it’s pretty pricey stuff. Lóók fór the small bóttle that I’ve seen available in sóme stóres and alsó check óut the óther brands óf Elderflówer liqueur nów shówing up ón liquór stóre shelves; it’s nót as expensive as the St. Germain. ónly óne tablespóón óf St. Germain is used per cócktail só it cóuld even be excluded; yóur call.

A beautiful winter cócktail; óne suitable fór celebrating the cóming New Year ór all winter lóng!

WINTER WHITE COSMOPOLITAN #winterdrink #cocktail


Serves: 1 cócktail
Ingredients
  • 1.5 óz Vódka (I used Cranberry Vódka but plain is fine)
  • .75 óz Cóintreau
  • 1 Tbsp St. Germaine Elderflówer Liqueur
  • ½ óz Fresh Lime Juice
  • ½ óz Simple Syrup
  • 1.5 óz White Cranberry juice
  • Fór Garnish:
  • 3 tó 4 Frózen ór Sugared Cranberries
  • Mint

Preparatión
  1. Cómbine ingredients óver ice in shaker tin. Shake & strain intó chilled martini glass.
  2. Garnish with frózen ór sugared cranberries and a sprig óf mint.

Read more our recipe Mommy's Secret Recipe

Post a Comment

0 Comments